Copperfox 10 Day Challenge: Day 5

Sorry it’s a few days late!

Day five is Create something for your models or try a new skill.

Recently I’ve been using crystals on my tack, so I thought I’d share some of my new pieces on this post! First I made a purple diamonte halter for Doodlebug, 

  and a orange halter with blue and orange crystals for newbie Santos. 

 Then I made a western bridle with pink crystals for Missy,  

 and finally a showmanship style halter with light blue crystals for Doodlebug. 



πŸ’•πŸŒΈπŸŽ€Monty’s Pink Tack!πŸŽ€πŸŒΈπŸ’•

Monty got some new pink tack! I really love a dark bay horse in pink tack, and since his rider is Ashleigh, it just made sense for him to have a very pink ensemble.


He now has a bridle with thin straps, and my first ever crystal browband! Attached are light and dark pink crystal stars, and I’m so happy with it πŸ˜€

Then I made him so very glittery pink boots with light pink fluffy lining and straps.

Then he has some pink glitter fetlock boots that used to be Firefly’s, I made these a while ago, but they have working Velcro so I’m happy!

Finally he has a bareback pad that also used to be Firefly’s , which matches Ashleigh’s grooming bag. 


Akecheta’s Halter

Akecheta is my Mustang Breeds of the World Resin. His name means “Fighter” in Sioux, a Native American language. I wanted to make him a bright, interesting halter, but I didn’t have any patterned ribbon. Instead, I used strips of Washi Tape (Japanese paper tape) to accent his halter! I’m soooo happy with it and I think he looks great! I’ll be making some for my Schleichs and Traditionals too! 

If you guys would like any reviews on some horses, let me know in the comments! πŸ™‚ 

Wapiti’s New Tack

Wapiti is definitely one of the most spoiled horses in my collection, and this weekend he has a new English breastplate and a Western beaded nylon bridle. I’m super happy with how the breastplate turned out! 

When I made the bridle, I was inspired by FillieFanatic’s awesome Schleich beaded western bridle! πŸ™‚  

It has a  hand made  curb bit and should have a curb chain but I didn’t have fine enough chain on hand to make one.


Bridles and Buckets

I’ve made a couple new things this weekend; a new western bridle for Picasso with braided rainbow split reins 

Then  I painted some clear buckets black, and made brackets for them so they can be put in the corners of the mare and foal barn,

Here are some barn pics too!

(Mrs Sheppard has a bit of a handful here!)

 I’ve also got two other small projects in the final stages of completition, they just need to be baked so expect to see a post on that soon! πŸ™‚